- Private one on one lessons in the Monterey Park, San Gabriel Valley, Pasadena, Downtown Los Angeles, Echo Park and Los Angeles area
- Tennis pro at the Langham Huntington Hotel Pasadena
- Director of Tennis for the City of Azusa
- Director of Love & Love Tennis Foundation, Los Angeles Chapter
- Lessons.com Voted Best Tennis Coach
- USTA Trained Instructor
- Safesport Approved & Girls in Sports Certified
- USTA NetGeneration Approved Coach
- Federal Background check from USTA, Langham Hotel & City of Azusa
- Chair for USTA SubCommittee on Diversity & Inclusion
“You will not find a more positive, motivating tennis instructor than Coach PK! “
~ Jackie Smash, Los Angeles Tennis Group Meetup Lead Organizer
Hi, I am Phillip Kim better known as Coach PK! I am the Director of Tennis for the City of Azusa and head tennis instructor at the historic five star Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena. I have a federal background check in place to teach children and adults and have worked with hundreds of tennis explorers like yourself. I am just as passionate about improving your tennis game as I am my own!
PK is an amazing coach and person, and a pleasure to be around on the court. I am so incredibly happy with the progress that I have made since working together and this is reflected in the results that I have seen in my own game. I thoroughly enjoy each and every lesson and always feel like I am continuing to improve both my technique and strategy, while actively implementing the work we do in practice during my matchplay. From the start, I told PK I was willing to put in the time and work, so we would routinely do 3 hour non-stop lessons and he would absolutely push me all the way. Since we have been working together, I have won 3 leagues and 1 tournament at the 3.5-4.0 level, and it has only been a little over 2 years since I first started playing.
Would you like to see a fast improvement in your tennis game?
Need a better tennis serve?
Want to be a better competitor and win more matches?
Want to learn how to be more consistent and less frustrated?
Need a trained eye to video analyze your game skills and technique?
Always wanted to play tennis but never got around to it?
Just need some Cardio Fitness Fun?
THREE OPTIONS TO LEARN FROM ME
Langham Currently Closed
Option 1: Group Classes in Azusa:
(currently closed due to Covid19) $11 /hour for 8 week classes
My staff and I teach group classes for the city of Azusa for about $11 an hour and a portion of that money actually goes to the city of Azusa Recreation and Family Services! If you join my classes you will receive the best tennis instruction for the best value anywhere in Southern California. To get this amazing deal, simply register for our 8-week classes through the City of Azusa. Classes are 1 hour and available Monday & Wednesday evenings or Saturday and Sunday mornings in Azusa. These are some of the loveliest tennis people I know so I am sure you will fit right in! Sunday afternoon class added!
Option 2. Private Lessons: $60 / hour
I offer personalized one on one instruction for discounted pandemic pricing of $60 an hour in Monterey Park or Azusa for one on one and $40 per person for Semi-Private up to 4 players. I teach the 5-star system to create fast improvement and rapid results. My rate is $30 less than you would pay at iTennis and with most other private tennis instructors. Many students tell me they learn more with me in one hour than they have in years of lessons or playing tennis! So proud of them!
To reserve a lesson, simply Venmo me the lesson fee as a reservation to secure your time. For requested lessons outside of Monterey Park or Azusa (while classes are in session), I ask that a $20 travel fee is covered.
Strike, Zelle, Paypal are also options. Email me if you have any questions. Cash and check is only accepted in prepayment and not on the day of the lesson.
* 24-hour cancellation policy applies to any last-minute changes.
Option 3. Langham Huntington Hotel $75 / Hour (+ Hotel Court Fees) Currently Closed
I am the teaching pro at the historic Langham Huntington Hotel in Pasadena (formerly the Ritz Carlton) and can be booked for lessons through the front desk for members and Hotel guests only.
Let’s Improve Your Tennis Together!
I would be honored if you would allow me to join your quest for tennis success. No matter if you are a junior player, an adult beginner to 5.0 level player, I can help you see quick results in your game and scoreline. Allow me to share with you some of the knowledge I have learned over the years of coaching & personally becoming a better tennis player. Reserve a lesson with me today!
If you have any interest in learning or improving your tennis, just call/text at (six two six) 407-4949 or send me an email and let’s have a chat!
* 24-hour cancelation policy: Your appointment is very important to us and it is reserved especially for you. We realize that there are can be some unexpected things that can come up in our lives. While truly sympathetic. When a client cancels without giving enough notice, they prevent another client from being coached during that time. In fairness to all clients as well as to the coach, this policy is in effect regardless of the reason for the cancellation. LoveSetMatch Tennis has a minimum of 24 hour cancellation/rescheduling policy. If an appointment is missed, canceled, or changed with less than 24 hours notice, the client will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the lesson charge.