World No. 1 Novak Djokovic is a health and fitness freak if there ever was one. Apart from his awe-inspiring tennis on the courts, the Serb is famous for his vegan diet. It is not often you see a top athlete stick to a plant-based diet and not touch meat. However, Novak has certainly proven the effectiveness of it.
And now, in times of the serious pandemic across the globe, Djokovic shared some health and hygiene tips so that everyone may stay safe from COVID-19. (This is from his interview to Telegraf and it is not medical advice!). Last year Novak was featured in a Food Matters documentary on the importance of eating healthy. You can view and excerpt here on youtube.
- Drink as many green shakes, made from leafy vegetables like parsley, spinach, kale, etc., as you possibly can. This creates an alkaline base in your body which disables the pathogens and viruses from thriving.
- Increase your daily intake of zinc and Vitamin C. You can increase your daily dose of 5 to 7 grams of Vitamin C to 10 grams. As for zinc, try and get your hands on liquid zinc, which is the best form to intake. If not, any other form will do.
- Drink a concoction of warm lemon water with sea salt every morning, on an empty stomach. Repeat several times a day. It is recommended that you drink the solution on as empty a stomach as you possibly can. You may also add ginger and mint leaves to the drink if you wish.
- In a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon, add a small portion of garlic cloves and consume.
- Different types of teas and fresh herbs are always good for your body. Drink hibiscus or Rtanj tea.
- Make a habit of doing breathing exercises on a daily basis. It helps you to maintain your mental harmony and may also help to improve your digestion and metabolism.
What do you think of his recommendations? Are you already practicing many of these ideas? If you have your own ideas please share them in the comments below.