A truly inspiring story showing how tennis can break down walls and remove barriers even among some of the toughest situations. Tennis is not a form of recreation but also serves as a form of rehabilitation for many in this population building character and mutual respect.
San Quentin prison sits on a secluded bay just north of San Francisco and inside the walls hosts the largest death row population in the United States. But for its general population, San Quentin has been a pioneer in using sports programs to aid in rehabilitation. Perhaps its most notable is the tennis program, with a full tennis court sitting right in the middle of a notorious prison yard. We spent a morning with the inmates to experience a truly unique sports culture. Vice Sports spent a morning with the inmates of San Quentin prison to experience a truly unique sports culture.
- January 12, 2018Tennis at San Quentin Prison breaking down walls & building character!(0) Comments
- January 2, 2018Stringbox tennis stringing service review(1) Comments
- December 28, 2017USC, Long Beach USTA Pro Futures Events To Kick Off 2018(0) Comments
- December 11, 2017Azusa Tennis Picture Gallery(0) Comments
- November 15, 2017Beware of Natural Gut Wholesale Tennis Strings *updated jan 2018(0) Comments
- August 8, 2017Happy Birthday Roger Federer !(0) Comments
- June 20, 2017Review PIQ Advanced Senor System & Babolat POP app for Tennis(0) Comments
- June 1, 2017Maria Sharapova signed cap(0) Comments
- June 1, 2017Win FREE Tennis strings : Genesis Typhoon Poly is our May String giveaway(0) Comments
- May 16, 2017Breaking News: Sharapova is denied the 2017 French Open Entry(0) Comments